1. Do you prefer to read hardcover or paperback books?
Actually? It doesn't matter. At all. I'm a reader and that means I'll read just about anything - in any format. I do tend to like actual books over e-books though and AUDIO BOOKS DO NOT EQUAL READING. ASFGHLUDJA STOP SAYING THAT PEOPLE. YOU ARE LISTENING TO THEM. L.I.S.T.E.N.I.N.G. NOT READING! >|||||| /petpeeve
2. Do you have a favorite place to read in your home?
Usually my room and - before it was taken over by furniture - I had a space near the front windows with some awesome natural light that I'd always hide around.
3. Do you have a favorite place to read away from, or outside of, your home?
Anywhere I can sit or lay down comfortably.
4. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
As long as it's tasty and not messy or complicated, like cheetoes or build-a-sammich crackers, then it's good~
5. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Text books I will mark in, but personal books and novels no. Nononononono - no. B| They are too pretty and precious for that.
6. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Bookmarks! Or scrap pieces of paper. Or pencils. Or a remote. Or yarn. Or a pen. Or a paperclip...
7. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
I read more fiction than non-fiction, though I have a
8. Hardcopy or audiobooks?
Hard copy, definitely~ I like to listen to music. I like to read on my own.
9. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I like having a stopping point at the end of a chapter, but I'm often interrupted to a point where I have to stop mid-chapter. D8
10. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Write it down to look it up later? Just try to infer what it means from the rest of the sentence, and keep going?
Almost always infer. xD;; Too stubborn to stop and look it up immediately.
11. What are you currently reading?
Me of Little Faith by Lewis Black and Dexter; Darkly Dreaming by Jeff Lindsay.
12. What is the last book you bought?
Practice by James Patterson, I think.
13. What is your all time favorite book?
A tie between Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and Agnes & the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. Most GO fans will call blasphemy on that, but I laughed so hard during AatH~ It was one of the first romance books I really liked.
14. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can read more than one at a time?
Ahah. ._.;; I try to stick to one book at a time but...but...there are so many and they're so awesome! *A*
15. Do you like re-reading books?
Let's just say that I'm pretty sure my copy of Good Omens is going to file a restraining order soon... Eheh...